Career Opportunities at Yates Industries
Yates Industries, Inc., founded in 1972, is a multi-state, new cylinder manufacturing and repair operation. We pride ourselves on our ability to return a cylinder to its original specification or better “The First Time, Every Time” and servicing the industry worldwide. From cradle to grave, our services include Inventory on Demand, In-House Welding, Machining, Engineering, Testing and Replacements from primary metals to plastics manufacturing. We are currently seeking qualified applicants for several positions within the organization at our St. Clair Shores, MI, Decatur AL and Austell, GA facilities.
Hydraulic Cylinder Assembler
Hydraulic Cylinder Assembler, Austell, GA:
We have a full-time Assembler position available at our Austell, GA. facility.
The qualified candidate will be a self-motivated, self-directed individual. Must have 1-2 year experience in a metal working job shop environment in an assembly position
• Ensures cylinders are properly assembled according to drawings, blueprints, and test instructions on work orders
• Uses hand tools, overhead cranes, pneumatic assembly tools, and torque wrenches to assemble cylinders
• Assembles, tests, and tags all cylinders.
• Operation of 5000 psi test stand.
• Familiar with small and very large hydraulic cylinders and sealing systems
• Clean and organize work area daily
• Observe safety at all times
• Any other shop related duties as needed.
Minimum qualifications/experience requirements:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Able to prioritize jobs.
• Able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
• Mechanical background
• Ability to read basic blueprints.
• Able to read a tape measure and calipers
• Prior heavy assembly experience a plus
• Ability to lift 50 lbs
• Attention to detail is critical
Send resume to email@example.com
At Yates Industries, we truly care for our employees, fostering a sense of family among and across the workforce. Join the Yates Industries Team and get away from that feeling of “it’s just a job” – start on your path to a rewarding career with great growth potential. Our in-house training opportunities can help to get you started, the next step is up to you.
All positions offer very competitive wages, great benefits packages, a clean work environment and shift premiums (where applicable).